Aresco of Tidewater, LLC
3452 Chandler Creek Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23453
We Are Here When You Need Us Most
24-Hour Emergency Services
Helpful Tips For Property Owners
If you should experience any of the emergencies below, please call Aresco right away. Our trained and certified mitigation professionals will help prevent additional damage to your property. ** This information is advisory in nature. No liability is assumed by reason of the information in this document.
* Identify the source of the water, turn it off and contact a professional (plumber, roofer) immediately.
* Remove all colored items, such as rugs, books, magazines, newspapers, and clothing on wet carpets, floors or upholstery, to prevent staining.
* Unplug and remove all electronics, lamps and telephones from wet areas.
* Do not use a home vacuum cleaner (even a Wet/Dry VAC) to remove water as this could cause electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
* Place aluminum foil or plastic under furniture legs to prevent staining of wet carpet.
* Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage. If you do come in contact with contaminated items, wash your hands, feet, shoes, etc.
* Do not walk on damaged or wet areas as this will spread contaminants.
* Do not attempt to dry the structure using household fans or ceiling fans as this will cross-contaminate the dwelling.
Fire & Smoke/Soot
* Do Not Disturb Scene! Leave as is until proper teams, first responders, insurance adjusters, etc., can investigate and document the scene.
* Do not attempt any repairs or dispose of any affected personal effects until they have been inspected and photographed.
* Limit activity in the affected area(s) to prevent further damage.
* Do not send affected garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may permanently set smoke odor.
* Do not attempt to clean painted surfaces, carpets, upholstery or clothing without speaking with Aresco first.
* Do not touch or attempt to clean up large amounts of mold growth. Even the slightest air disturbance can spread millions off spores into the air.
* Mold will grow as long as there is moisture, lack of air movement and temperature. If mold is found, the source of the moisture needs to be identified and thoroughly corrected. Do not assume sealing/priming and painting over mold is sufficient as this does not kill the mold , plant or its roots.....nor does it remove the toxins.